ADB driver is important if you want to connect your Android device to your Windows computer. Once you have installed ADB driver on your computer, then you should be able to connect your device without any issues with your Windows PC.
Steps To Install ADB Driver On Your Computer
- To get started, download ADB driver to your computer. Once download, extract the download zip file a folder on your computer.
- Next, go to Control panel and open up the Device Manager window. Now click on “Action” tab and select “Add Legacy Hardware“.
- You will see the “Add Hardware Wizard” welcome window. Click on “Next“.
- In the next window, select “Install the hard that I manually select from a list” option and click “Next“.
- Now, you will be asked to select the type of hardware you are installing. Select “Show all devices“, click “Next” and choose the ADB driver folder on your computer (Step 1).
- In the next window, you will see “Hardware to install: Android ADB Interface“. Once you see this message, click “Next“.
- Now, a Windows security prompt window will open up. Click on “Install” to start the ADB driver installation process.
- It will take a minute or two for the installation process to get completed and once it does, you will see the “Completing the Add Hardware Wizard” window. Click on “Finish”.
Done. Now you have successfully finished installing ADB driver on your computer. You should now be able to connect your Android smartphone or tablet with the computer successfully. If you need any help with the tutorial, do let me know via comments.
- Driver Signature Error: If you get driver signature error while installing the drivers, here are the steps to resolve the issue: Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
- ADB Driver is made to work for all Android devices.
- Credits: ADB driver is provided and distributed by Google Inc Officially. So, full credits goes to them for the driver.